In Path of Exile, GGG are showcasing a Saboteur build that uses two powerful Shimmeron wands. These wands come with an extremely deadly downside but since this build deals all of its damage via traps, it takes full advantage of the power of the wands with no downsides.
For more imformation, you can visit the official website. Next, u4gm will show you how to choose your gear when you build the shimmeron saboteur.
1. Shimmeron x 2 is by far the highest DPS caster weapon in the game if you’re not a physical caster and don’t need cast speed. Trappers never deal critical strikes themselves, so the downside doesn’t apply. Prioritise Critical Strike Multiplier 10%, Flat Lightning, Spell Damage (in that order).
2. Brightbeak + Jaws of Agony serve you to clear faster, and get Power Charges before bosses.
3. Tinkerskin is a build-maker for Trappers, letting you spam traps with ease. Don’t leave home without it. Another option is Fenumus’ Shroud, which would allow to regenerate Energy Shield, deal more damage, and take less damage. Shroud doesn’t let you do slower or no regen maps, though, and doesn’t heal you.
4. Gloves are where your single target resides. You want “Supported by level X Trap + Throw an Additional Trap”, “Supported by level X Slower Projectiles”, and if possible 30/50/70% Critical Strike Multiplier. Life and Res are great, but less important here.
5. Boots are the one slot where you can grab a lot of resists without any major competing mod. Do that. Cooldown Recovery is possible here, but not very realistic. Darkness Enthroned is the best belt in the game for a crit caster.
6. Rings should be either Opal rings with Lightning Damage / Crit Multi, or (Shaper) Diamond Rings with Flat Lightning to Spells / Spell Damage / Lightning Damage, or other rings with several damage mods. Also, you’ll need to grab some resists here, but do try to squeeze in some DPS.
7. On an amulet you’ll want Crit Multi, Elemental Penetration, and this is probably where you’ll find a free Suffix to craft Aspect of the Spider. Aspect of the Spider can be crafted using Fenumus (the boss), just buy one if you don’t have it, it’s not expensive.
8. Jewels should be either regular ones with Life + Multiplier (Spell/Elemental/Lightning/Dual-wielding), or Abyssal with Life + Multiplier / Critical Strike Chance if haven’t Crit Recently / Flat Lightning / Flat Lightning while Dual Wielding.
9. Flask-wise, you want 2 Life flasks for high-content (one instant, one not), a Diamond Flask, a Sulphur Flask (put Warding here for map mods), and eventually a Dying Sun for a major boost to Ball Lightning damage-per-throw. Quicksilver is also an option.