When optimizing my Poet’s Pen Volatile Dead char I was curious how much damage I would gain by corrupting my Unearth to 21. For that I needed to know how much health lvl 83 and lvl 84 Bone Archer corpses had. I went to PoEDB.tw but all I could find out was that a Bone Archer has 110% life. The in-game currency is available at the professional online gaming house. The interested gamers can poe currency buy from those professional online gaming houses in the most affordable cost.
Which was of course absolutely useless. But I didn’t give up and after spending way too much time researching this I finally found out how to calculate a monster’s actual life:
1) The ‘monsterTypeHealthModifier’ is this 110% that PoEDB.tw showed me. This variable is the reason why A4 statues are so tanky and the little seawitch spawns are not.
2) Now Bone Archers are always normal monsters (Unearth) so the ‘monsterRarityModifier’ is 100%. For magic monsters it’s 187% more, for rares it’s 463% more and for uniques it’s 625%more.
3) ‘MapMonsterHealthModifier’ is just the “More Monster Life” affix on maps. This gets applied when you start the map so it won’t affect my Bone Archer corpses.
4) Now the ‘monsterAffixHealthModifier’ is not a “more” multiplier but an “increased” multiplier. If there were more than one “increased” multiplier you’d have to calculate that a bit differently but because it’s the only one in this equation, we can treat it like a “more” multiplier and have the same outcome.
5) But getting a value for the ‘baseLife’ was a challenge. I couldn’t find it anywhere, no matter where I searched. But in some age-old reddit post someone mentioned that there was a file, containing those values, hidden deep in the game’s files.
So I thought why not try datamining them myself. Easier said than done!